- Dr NKS Tharmaseelan, having qualified with MBBS in 1975,MRCOG in 1981 and the FRCOGin 1995.
- He has served as Consultant in GH KL, and HOD in GH Melaka and GH Seremban. He served in the Public sector for 17 years and left for private practice in 1990
- Has published articles in the several medical Journals
- Regularly gives medico–legal talks in Universities, Colleges and to the lay public. Has appeared on TV and radio chat shows on Medico–legal issues , Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Joined as Vice–Chancellor , Asia Metropolitan University ( AMU ) in 1.1.2015
- Was Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at AMU and appointed as Professor
- Joined as Professor in Melaka Manipal Medical College in January 2017.
- Member of the Ethics Committee of the Malaysian Medical Council, Academy of Medicine and the Malaysian MedicalAssociation
- Appointed by the Health Ministry as member of the Malaysian Health Promotions Board, the Poisons Board and was a member of the Lembaga Bidan.
- Was Council member of the Academy of Medicine
- Was President of the Malaysian Medical Association 2013–14
HOMEOPATHIC MEDICAL SCIENCES–MHREI , BHMS
- Completed a Diploma ( MHREI ) and Degree in Homeopathic Medical Sciences (BHMS) from the University of Pondicherry in 1995
- Was appointed by the Government of Malaysia, to serve in the Traditional & Complementary Medicine(TCM) Council under the purview of the Ministry of Health
LAW–LLB(Hons), LLM., CLP., FFFLM
- Obtained a Law Degree fromthe University of London, LLBwith Honours in 1995
- Post graduate degree in Medical Law,LLM, from the University of Northumbria, UK
- Completed the CLP (Malaysia)
- Foundation Fellow of the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine, London( FFFLM )
- Served as the Medico–legal Advisor for the Medical Protection Society for 12 years till 2012
- Am Competent Arbitrator of the Malaysian Arbitration Tribunal Establishment (MATE)since 2009.
- He sits on the Disciplinary Board of the Bar Council since 2007
- Was President of the Medicolegal Society of Malaysia
- In September April 2018 , completed the Masters in Business Administration from the University of London.
Positions in Organisations
- President of the MMA 2013–2014
- President of the Medicolegal Society of Malaysia 2012–2014
- Founded the MMA Volunteer Corps in 2013
- Several Committees of the MMA over the last 35 years
- Member of the Mercy Malaysia Medical Mission–Served many medical mission including overseas, the last being SriLanka during the Tsunami and the War Crisis
- Gaza–Humanitarian Mission 2014–Served in the Volunteer Medical Mission in Gaza in 12 August 2014
- Humanitarian Mercy Mission to Rohingy as in Myanamar/ Bangladesh in February 2017
State Awards by the Sultan
- P.M.C(Pingat Cemerlang Masyarakat) – 1989
- A.N.S(Ahli Setia Negeri) – 1992
- D.P.T.J(Dato’) – 2001
National Award by the King
- J.M.N(Johan Mangku Negara) – 2013