Dr Angie Ng Kwee Sew
Director of Nursing, Econ Healthcare Pte Ltd
Current Position from 6 March 2017
She is currently employed as the Director of Nursing managing a 1272-bedded Nursing Home in Singapore as well as in Malaysia. Her responsibilities involve leading the nursing team with:
- strategic plan and direction
- nursing operations
- nursing manpower planning
- driving nursing quality improvement
- professional and career development of nurses
- talent management and succession planning
- training and development of nurses
Most recent previous employment
Name of employer: Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
Designation: Senior Assistant Director, Nursing
Period of Employment: 03 February 2015 – 05 March 2017
Her responsibilities include overseeing the:
- Professional and career development of all the nurses.
- Operations of the Emergency Department with 150 nurses
- Operations of a 74-bedded ICU with 140 nurses
- Development of the APN and Speciality Care Nurses
- Talent development of nurses
- Nursing research and evidence based nursing
Past Work Experiences
She has more than 40 years of extensive healthcare experience working in the public and private hospitals both in Malaysia and Singapore providing nursing leadership, management, and nursing education expertise.
Prior to joining Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, She was appointed as the Director of Nursing at The Farrer Park Company (TFPC), Singapore which was in the process of building a 238-bedded Farrer Park Hospital (FPH). Then she was moved to Corporate Level and appointed as Director Nursing and Operations, for TFPC.
Before joining TFPC, she held a dual-portfolio as the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Nursing at Regency Specialist Hospital, a Singapore-owned private hospital located in Bandar Seri Alam, Masai, Johor, Malaysia. In this capacity, she provided leadership and management to the overall hospital and nursing operations of RSH.
Previous to that, she was the Head of Institute of Clinical Education (Nursing & Allied Health)/Institute of Healthcare Workskills, NHG College, Singapore. In that position she was responsible for the planning and implementation of the continuing nursing education and training of nurses for the NHG Cluster hospitals. She was also involved as a facilitator and trainer for some of the courses conducted in the college.
When she first started working in Singapore in year 2000, she was working at Singapore General Hospital as a Nurse Educator before joining NHG Polyclinics, Singapore as the Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Doctorate in Education from the University of Western Australia, Australia.
- Master in Business Administration (Management) from Multimedia University, Malaysia.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Nursing) from Victoria University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
- Certificate in Education (Nursing Education) from University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom.
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Midwifery (Distinction) from School of Midwifery, Hospital Malacca, Malaysia.
- General Nursing Certificate (Distinction) from School of Nursing, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Partial scholarship from the National Healthcare Group Cluster to pursue the Doctorate in Education, University of Western Australia, Perth.
- Scholarship award from the Ministry of Health, Malaysia to pursue Certificate in Education at the University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom from 1991-1992
- Scholarship award from Mahkota Medical Centre, Malaysia to pursue the Bachelor in Health Science (Nursing) at the Victoria University of Technology, Australia.
Her professional affiliations include:
- Life Member of the Malaysian Nurses Association
- Member of the National League of Nursing (NLN)
- Member of the Sigma Theta Tau International, the Upsilon Eta Chapter
- Member of the Singapore Nurses Association
Since 2012, she was invited to be the academic and content expert reviewer of the Institute of Health Management’s post graduate nursing courses including the professional development specialty courses.